Basic articles of faith
Muslims have six main beliefs.
- Belief in Allah as the one and only God
- Belief in angels
- Belief in the holy books
- Belief in the Prophets...
- Belief in the Day of Judgement...
- The day when the life of every human being will be assessed to decide whether they go to heaven or hell.
- Belief in Predestination...
- That Allah has the knowlege of all that will happen.
- Muslims believe that this doesn't stop human beings making free choices.
Allah is the name Muslims use for the supreme and unique God, who created and rules everything.
The heart of faith for all Muslims is obedience to Allah's will.
- Allah is eternal, omniscient, and omnipotent...
- Allah has always existed and will always exist.
- Allah knows everything that can be known.
- Allah can do anything that can be done.
- Allah has no shape or form...
- Allah can't be seen.
- Allah can't be heard.
- Allah is neither male nor female.
- Allah is just...
- Allah rewards and punishes fairly.
- But Allah is also merciful.
- A believer can approach Allah by praying, and by reciting the Qur'an.
- Muslims worship only Allah...
- because only Allah is worthy of worship.
The one and only God
All Muslims believe that God is one alone:
- There is only one God.
- God has no children, no parents, and no partners.
- God was not created by a being.
- There are no equal, superior, or lesser Gods.
- Source http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/islam/